In our modern world utilities need precise information about the location of their assets, their status, and how each distinct piece of infrastructure relates to one another. Utilities must also know how these assets and the activities associated with managing them intersect with the operations and assets of 3rd party organizations, such as transit systems, other utilities, and the construction industry in general. In short, it is crucial that utilities and other municipal services are able to collaborate effectively and efficiently with both internal and outside stakeholders.
This webinar will demonstrate how Toronto Water successfully leveraged the ArcGIS Platform to streamline collaboration between departments and with the regional transit agency Metrolinx during the construction of a major Light Rapid Transit corridor in the City of Toronto. At a higher level, we will also explore the history of GIS at Toronto Water and its critical role within the organization’s 2020-2030 strategic plan.
- Discover the critical role of GIS within Toronto Water’s 10-year strategic plan
- Understand how Toronto Water uses ArcGIS to optimize collaboration with key stakeholders
- Learn how Toronto Water leveraged GIS to coordinate asset management with Metrolinx to minimize service interruptions
This webinar is for Directors and Operations Managers of organizations responsible for water supply, infrastructure planning and maintenance.
With special guests from Toronto Water:
- Arash Farajian, Policy, Planning and Project Consultant, Toronto Water
- Yiyi Shangguan, Business Support Coordinator
- Christian Fiorini, Certified Engineering Technologist
- John Mancuso, Water Maintenance