Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) is transformative and will modernize 9-1-1 service response in Canada. It is the transition of 9-1-1 from analogue systems to IP-based systems as mandated by the CRTC and will allow emergency communications to use more precise location-based technology. GIS data from authoritative sources such as municipalities is required to provide address location verification, call routing, resource allocation and analysis, among others, for NG9-1-1.
In this webinar, you will learn about NG9-1-1, how it will impact your organization and what you will need to do to prepare for it. The first major CRTC milestone is in early 2021. We will discuss the following topics:
- Overview of Next-generation 9-1-1
- Need for accurate and current GIS data
- National Emergency Number Association (NENA) data standards
- Ways to ensure your municipality is prepared
- Examples of Canadian municipalities and their work in NG9-1-1
This webinar is designed for Municipal and Regional GIS professionals, Public Safety communications and technology professionals, Emergency Service professionals.
With special guest:
- Robert Harris, Geomatics Manager, NB 911 Bureau