From coast to coast, the responses to the COVID-19 pandemic are evolving by the minute as new information becomes available. Governments and other organizations must apply agility and position themselves to be able to scale their response to protect communities and minimize threats. The province of British Columbia uses a Common Operating Picture (COP) to monitor, analyze, communicate and help their officials plan the response to COVID-19. Join this webinar to see how ArcGIS is providing the foundation for BC’s COP portal, and discover how it is enabling the province to understand the context of the pandemic and other emergency management challenges in real-time to support decision making.
- Leverage partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to understand the needs of small to large communities across the Province.
- Adapt workflows to minimize challenges to change management and increase buy-in.
- Build new organizational agility that will directly benefit other future responses to crisis like flood and wildfire.
- Share benefits of a cross-government approach to integrating GIS data, tools, resources and expertise during a crisis. This will help garner support for multi-jurisdiction and cross-ministry integration of data and tools to support emergency management in BC.
- Work on an overarching strategic GIS Framework to support all phases of emergency management.
This webinar is designed for GIS, emergency management and business continuity professionals.