Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) is transformative and will modernize 9-1-1 service response in Canada. It is the transition of 9-1-1 from analogue telecom systems to IP-based telecom systems as mandated by the CRTC and will allow emergency communications to use more precise location-based technology. GIS data from authoritative sources, such as municipalities, will be required to provide real-time location verification, call routing, resource allocation and analysis for NG9-1-1.
In this webinar, you will learn about the NG9-1-1 initiative, how it will impact different organizations and how to prepare for upcoming changes.
Join our panel of NG9-1-1 experts from the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) Canada and the Emergency Services Working Group (ESWG) for this informative session.
- Overview of Next-Generation 9-1-1
- Discuss the need for accurate and current GIS data
- Review National Emergency Number Association (NENA) data standards
- Share critical CRTC milestones and dates
- Explore ways to ensure your municipality is prepared
- Share examples of Canadian municipalities and their work in NG9-1-1
This webinar is designed for Municipal and Regional GIS professionals, Public Safety communications and technology professionals, Emergency Service professionals.
With special guests: