The advancement towards smarter networks with more complex equipment and increased resiliency requirements is accelerating. The CEA identified the rapid increase in distributed energy and scalable network management as areas where traditional network management tools and processes will not be able to keep up. To address tomorrow’s challenges, utilities need a more comprehensive network model and data management environment. This is the purpose of Utility Network (UN).
The UN supports the management, maintenance and analysis of increasingly complex networks to better represent assets as they are in the field. It creates a data layer to provide a scalable foundation to model all your utility assets safely and efficiently. Additionally, the UN supports the seamless sharing of that content throughout the entire ArcGIS platform, creating opportunities for streamlining business workflows that likely touch your entire operational workforce.
- Develop a better understanding of the requirements for (and ease or difficulty of) moving data from your current environment to the ArcGIS Utility Network
- Drastically reduce the amount of time and effort you will have to dedicate to develop a complete understanding of the Utility Network
- Get a complete picture of your current systems and processes and identify potential gaps between what you think you need to plan for vs. what you actually need to plan for
- Save on the cost and hassle of licensing, setting up new hardware and maintaining a unique development environment; the program provides access to a cloud-based learning environment and ensures your Utility Network is available, performant and configured properly
- Get access to experts who can provide guidance on how to leverage new technology capabilities and apply them to business processes